Thursday, November 08, 2007

Finally. A Man Worth Killing.

I love the 2004 version of the tale of King Arthur. The movie was done very well and is more historically correct than previous versions. The movie relates the very human principles of honor, purpose and destiny. It speaks to a side of me that is very dominant. The side that says these principles are not lost forever. Rather overlooked by pop culture. But exist they still do.

In the movie the Germana invasion leader is a fierce sort. A man who has lived by the sword his entire life. When he finally meets Arthur he finds a man more afraid of not living on principle than of dying in battle. As Arthur turns to go to ready for himself for battle the warrior says to no one, "Finally. A man worth killing."

A compliment of respect to be sure.

I work in a business where dishonesty and quick gain are there for the taking. There are many, many chances a year to overlook my moral code and to grab the cash. I'm not perfect. Nor are you. But the complete lack of respect for the laws, principles and morals that made this nation what it is today are what has given us the savings & loan debacle, Enron, Westar, the sub-prime crisis...and more.

What does this have to do with real estate investing and real estate sales? Well, I implore you to live by the verse found in the Bible located at Matthew 7:12.

"Do onto others as you would have them do unto you. For this is the law and the prophets."

You don't have to be a Christian to see the wisdom in that. You just have to be human.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Well said, my friend! However, I can't help but to be ooo-so-curious as to what prompted this post!??? heh. Maybe I don't want to know.

Chris Lengquist said...

I had just had another convesation with another would-be real estate investor that had been taken advantage of.

It just gets old.

Fran White, Realtor said...

Ok, I give.....I'm ready for my course in killer titles. When does it begin?