Monday, November 12, 2007

Are You Listening To The Right Person?

Sooner or later you have to decide who you are going to listen to when it comes to real estate investing. Newbies have the hardest time deciding.

Many would be real estate investors begin to get interested from the shows they see on tv whether they be the HGTV or A&E variety or whether they be the infomercials put on by Carlton Sheets. Or maybe they read all the way through a Bob Allen newspaper ad.

The studious would be investor may even go to the bookstore and find the real estate section and be amazed at the variety of books available concerning real estate investing.

There are books on:

  • Short Sales
  • Buy & Hold
  • Fix & Sell (Flip)
  • Buying Tax Liens
  • Subject To
  • No Money Down

And I haven't even scratched the surface with that list. Confusion can set in. Should I listen to the REALTOR that gets a commission when he sells me a house? Should I listen to the "real estate investor" who seems to spend more time selling thousands of dollars of books and tapes than he does investing in rental property? Should I listen to my best friend's friend who says he's making a fortune in flipping?

I feel for you if you are a newer real estate investor. I went down a lot of these thought highways myself when I was getting started. But ultimately I chose a path of real estate investing that matched both my ability (financially and time-wise) to my values.

You should do the same.

No comments: